Best Kiss I ever received..

After playing cricket in the scorching heat, I returned home sweating profusely. I felt disgusted by the heat and told myself “Oh God! I’m stinking”. But at my doorstep my mother embraces me, wipes the sweat in my face with her pallu and kisses on my cheek.

Wow! Those Childhood days were amazing..

While this scene is common to everyone in the childhood days seldom (Not common) it happens now. And that’s exactly I am baffled about.

Why don’t they see us as child even after we grow up….I think the reason in my case is that my parents thought I was too old to get such a reception today. Rather they were conditioned to think so by "ME"…

Yes! Once I entered my adolescent age, kiss from my Girl friend was for more interesting than from my parents. Whenever they tried to hug me, I tell them “Ma.. I’m 17 years, don’t treat me like a child..”, “No Appa, I’m going out with my friends, cannot come with you”..

By those words I slowly kept moving away from them thinking I should behave like an adult and shouldn’t entertain those acts…

All went well until I went to work.. 6 days work, even before you get ready to relax on Sunday your holiday is over…. No longer meeting friends, no night outs, no birthday parties, No time to meet your relatives.. Life became mechanical.. I was entangled with daily routine work and felt a vaccum in my life.. I wanted to go back to those lovely days where my parents showered the unconditional love on me..

Today all I had to do was to ask my mom.. and there it comes.. Kiss on my cheek after almost 10 years… Wow!! This will remain as the best kiss I have ever received in my life :)

5 comments:

Ravishankar said...

Awesome!!!
As one grows older, one understands more... :)

சர்க்கரை ஆலை எறும்பு said...

Dear Rajesh, Simple yet deep writing. Keep receiving kisses.

Anonymous said...

rajesh rajesh

how ever old we become we are always kids to our parents and good u have realised that.cheers

Nagasaravana Perumal K I said...

Good one da :)

Mohammed Musthafa said...

Good thought for a post.
And the title is at first teasing, and finally, heart felt. That was the idea, right?

Started reading your blog now. Why dont you have a followers widget. That way its easier for people like me to add and keep track of your blog.

Btw, here's my blog I told you about.
http://www.laptopdiary.blogspot.com